A little about me
Yvonne Terry M.A., CDF, MCC
When I was a sophomore in high school in Maryland, I took a career development class that was taught by my school counselor. It was the most interesting class I took in high school and in college for that matter.
In the class we all took a number of career assessments, which I found to be fascinating. Not only did I love finding out about myself, but it was so interesting learning about everyone else in the class too! Over time I realized that my passion and true calling is to help others to discover their own personal gifts and strengths.
As a career counselor, I believe that career development is a lifelong process and therefore I prefer to take a holistic approach when working with my clients.
I truly believe that everyone has their own special gifts and unique talents and I enjoy helping others to discover and explore those special gifts. My goal is to work with my clients as they proceed along their journey of discovery, helping them to achieve their own personal career aspirations.
CERTIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- Highlands Ability Battery Consultant
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory Practitioner
- Workplace Excellence Series Facilitator
- Academies Certified Strengths Coach
- Career Development Facilitator
- Master Career Counselor
- Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- National Career Development Association
- California Career Development
- Association for Psychological Type International
- Career Directors International
- American Counseling Association
- M.A. in Counseling, University of Redlands
- B.A. in Speech Communications, CSUF